Not all of these are required for every manifestation to come into being, but if you do get all of these right, what you wish will come to pass. You will likely be astonished how quickly. Here they are:
1. Clarity. Know what you want. Your knowledge of what you want doesn’t have to be perfect, but your clarity about what you do know does. It’s fine to start with what you know you don’t want, and work outward from there, as long as you don’t get stuck before arriving at what you do want.
2. Desire. Napoleon Hill calls this “burning desire” and he’s right when he says it’s absolutely essential. The thing you desire must feel thoroughly good to you, on every level. If you have ambivalence, your desire will be thwarted. You need to desire it enough right from the start to be certain you will overcome all obstacles, before you even know what they are. Your desire must be strong enough to burn away anything that tries to stop you.
3. Imagination. To be precise, you must be able to create detailed, realistic, internal sensory experience of the thing or state you want. This comes with practice and it helps if you use as many sensory modes (sight, sound, touch, etc.) as possible. What you are imagining must feel real and possible, and it’s best to place yourself inside your vision.
4. Passion. You need to feel great in your body while imagining this thing. Feelings are the engine that brings the thing into existence, so clamping down on hope to avoid disappointment will only hamstring you. You’ve got to let yourself feel it.
5. Detachment. Sounds crazy, doesn’t it? You have to pour your passion into this thing and then let go of attachment to the outcome. Funny thing is, it works. Stop caring how the thing looks or what path it takes to get to you, and it will come to you faster, and from unexpected quarters.
6. Persistence. Figure out how you want to manifest this thing. What is your process? Exactly how will you focus your attention? Then do that every day, several times a day. Do it into the ground. Become unstoppable.
7. Will. That is to say, you are actively, not passively, involved in what you are creating. You are committed to action. You follow up on the synchronicities and leads that are generated by your creating. Every action you take toward it strengthens it and provides more avenues for opportunities that can help you.
8. Certainty. You must know what certainty feels like in your body and in your heart. Certainty is the feeling or knowing that you get when you’ve gotten each of the other steps right. Be certain about your clarity, your passion, your will, your persistence and so on. This is the linchpin that holds the other tools together.
9. Inclusion. You build right into your manifestation practice the belief and expectation that what you create is and shall be perfect for everyone. People other than you benefit from what you create. Your wish is also a gift for others, in ways you cannot now anticipate (and don’t need to). No matter how selfish what you want may seem, if you build this in, your creation will gather steam from the goodwill of others who also stand to benefit from it.
I don’t think all of these tools need to be used each time you set out to create something with the power of your imagination; some of them may be more pertinent to the specific content of what you are creating, while others may be irrelevant. But if you practice all of them they become tools in your toolkit and you can draw on them whenever you need to. Then you’ll be unstoppable, because manifesting absolutely anything, no matter how big or “impossible” is simply a matter of “lather, rinse, repeat.” Apply these tools again, again, again, again and again until you have arrived at your destination.
Over the next few weeks I’ll be going into each of these principles in detail. In the meantime, have at it and change your world!