Why do Pisces types lose things? You might as well ask why the sun shines.
Pisceans, you are the dreamers and visionaries of the world. You feel more at home in the rich and lovely realms of your own imagination than in the physical world we all share. You may find it frustrating how often this leads you to be distracted and dreamy and not very in touch with the material. Sometimes you might even resent the sheer solidity of the everyday world, and its unforgiving hardness. Certainly your dreams are better than the reality we all share, but (fortunately or unfortunately) you need to be able to function in the workaday world in order to bring your dreams into manifestation, so others can experience their benefits too. It’s annoying and wrong, but there it is. And how many times does this need to acclimate to the physical world show up in the form of losing your keys? For some Pisceans, it happens almost daily. For others, who have gotten a grip on this seemingly-simple problem, it happens less often.
Clever readers who do not lose their keys will be able to benefit from the suggestions below by substituting any easily-lost object, such as one’s car, train of thought or husband (where did I leave him?).
So here, for the benefit of all Pisceans, are a few suggestions as to how to keep hold of important objects.
- Force yourself into the habit of always putting your keys in the same place when you get home. Every. Single. Time. No. Kidding. This will feel incredibly oppressive at first, but will soon become a comforting habit, allowing you to pay attention for the minimum time allowable and then quickly return to whatever fantasy you were involved in.
- Put a small beeper or sound location device on your key ring, so that whenever you lose your keys, you can make them beep. Here’s the sort of thing I mean. While you’re at it, microchip your pets also—now there’s something you really don’t want to lose.
- Become emotionally attached. Put something cute or meaningful on your key-ring. (For the non-Piscean types out there who may be reading this, it finally explains all those silly key-rings that people use—it’s because it makes them harder to lose.)
- Decorate it in a way you like. If you enjoy crafts, this is a great time to break out the hot glue gun and the sparkles. If you are not a crafty person, it’s still easy to put your personal stamp on something with color. Use your favorite colors, so that the keys please your eye every time you look at them. When you decorate a thing, you put some of yourself into it in an act of ownership that will bond you to it. Your pride in the object will make it easier to keep close to you.
- Figure out what this frequently-lost object symbolizes to you and why you might be resisting bonding to it. Is there some responsibility or obligation attached to it that you feel oppressed by? Once you’ve dealt with the aspect of it you are trying to evade, it will become much easier to avoid losing the object. A Piscean in escape mode is a very powerful being, and can sabotage his way out of anything with very little effort. Pisceans show a mastery of self-sabotage that is exceeded only by some Scorpios.
- Make a grounding cord to your keys. Pisceans can be quite psychic. Your imagination is your greatest tool and learning to use it deliberately is one of the best things you can do for yourself and your life. Take a moment to imagine a thick, strong cord (could be a rope or chain) running from your navel to your key-ring. Attach the cord strongly to your keys. Imagine seeing it (notice its color), feeling it as if it’s an extension of your body (in the same way you can feel through the body of your car when you drive it) and hearing when it’s in place and working (a tone, a bell perhaps?). Every time you lose your keys, try using the cord to find them. When you do find them, do the cord visualization again, to strengthen it. Over time, finding your keys will become easier and eventually you won’t lose your keys at all anymore.
* * *
Birthday Gift for you:
If your birthday is approaching or recent
and you want an empowering look at the year ahead, click to
schedule a Birthday Reading and receive a free gift with it.