Scorpio, thank you for keeping the darkness at bay! Scorpio is that side of us that stores, protects and keeps our painful experiences and memories safe, and manages the instinctual side of our life. It’s a sort of holding-place for all the dark things in the soul. Scorpio holds all this stuff in a secret corner of our personality, and because we all have at least a little Scorpio within us, we don’t have to look in that corner every day. Here are just a few of the things your inner Scorpio is protecting your conscious mind from having to deal with:
1. Your addictions and compulsions. These are the things you must have or control. They may be things you get fetishistic about or regard as “special.” (ever seen a drug user grooming his paraphernalia?). They are also things you use to control your experience of life (perhaps to feel better or to feel ok). Here’s a clue: if you can’t imagine life without it, you might be too attached.
2. Your inner demons, the sides of you that come out when you feel overcome and are compelled to behave badly. You know, sometimes you feel taken over and find later that you’ve done or said something you regret, and it almost seems like somebody else did it, using your body. That one of your demons coming out to play. Everybody’s got ‘em.
3. Your sensitivity to other people’s demons. Yep, like attracts like and other people’s demons will mirror your own. Scorpio is the side of us that senses that mirroring. It can be hard to stop pointing the finger at others and to instead look inside oneself, but that which is inside oneself is the only stuff we can hope to change.
4. Your trauma, or stored pain. Every time you ever got hurt, the Scorpio in you took note of it. Scorpio still has your inner child in that holding area. Your inner child is still completely intact because Scorpio is protecting you from the demons. You can retrieve that tender innocence anytime you want. It will always be there, waiting to be retrieved and brought back into the light.
5. Your deep desires and your capacity for intimacy. Your longing to merge with others. The side of you that joins, connects, shares. This is your Scorpio side, and it is rich and deep. Say hello to your desires, greet them with a smile. Welcome them and make a place for them at your warm hearth.
Brave Scorpios of the world! You look at this stuff inside yourself on pretty much a daily basis. That’s a challenging way to live, but you like being on your own edge, don’t you? Face to face with death and living more fully as a result. Thank you, Scorpio, for reminding us how good it is to be alive, and for keeping our darkness (and the light that’s hiding there) safe until we’re ready to look at it.
Find out more about getting a reading
Or see what kinds of readings are available.
Birthday Gift for you:
If your birthday is approaching or recent
and you want an empowering look at the year ahead, click to
schedule a Birthday Reading and receive a free gift with it.
This is a repost of an article originally posted in the San Francisco Bay Area Women’s Journal. You can read the original here.