Why Are Teenagers Cranky?
As you know from a good look at your local teen, or your memory of your own adolescent and post-adolescent years, the crankiness of teens can take many forms: anger, rebellion, shyness, withdrawal, lack of confidence, poor grades, lack of ambition, aimlessness, awkwardness. It’s the rare teen who doesn’t suffer from several of these. And most are pretending really hard not to.
But why? Astrology has some ideas about it.
Through astrology, Mother Nature provides us with a human life cycle. There are certain years of life (and this is true for everyone) that bring certain kinds of experience. The specific experiences will differ from person to person but the main feel is the same. This is connected with planetary cycles. Why does turning 30 feel so serious and turning 50 feel so painful? These ages are imbued with meaning which is connected to natural cycles and therefore feels beyond our control, like fate, but we have ultimate control over how we respond to them.
These cycles begin in the teen years and understanding them can give you a powerful look inside your adolescent’s head. It’s important enough that I’m doing a free teleclass about it. In this teleclass, you can find out:
- why teens between 11 and 14 are rubber-banding between confidence and deflation
- what’s the source of the adolescent pushback against authority (especially one’s parents)—and what to do about that
- why teens today have to grow up in faster times than we did—and how to help them without insulting their intelligence or their budding competency
- why people between 14 and 21 would rather listen to their peers than their parents—and why it’s important that they do so
- how individuals respond to stress in individual ways—and how to predict today the ways your teen will respond to stress tomorrow
- how people are gathered together into generations with a shared dream and how knowing and supporting the generational dream of your teenager can make all the difference
- why every human being alive is on a marvelous mission to bring something unique to this world—find out and support your child’s mission and earn his/her respect for life
to schedule a reading to
learn about your teenager’s life cycle!