5 Ways Librans Are Fabulously Socially Adept
Why is it that Libran types are so darned lovable and easy to get along with? It’s because Librans are born under the influence of Venus, and with the goddess of Love & Beauty on their side, they have mad social skills. Funny thing is, Librans are attractive even when they are arguing a tough point. Here are just a few of the many abilities of this Air sign:
1. As a natural matchmaker, Libra is most content when people are getting along. Libra loves relating for its own sake and is deeply interested in relationships between all human beings. Libra is fascinated with the ways people connect and the reasons why they hit it off. Your local Libran is never so happy as when she matches up two people (whether professionally or romantically) and a mutually beneficial association results.
2. Libra is always thinking of the other person, which has its benefits and its challenges. It’s natural for a Libran to think of others more than himself and so he is all too prone to giving himself away to make room for the other person to be heard and to get what she wants. This tendency to negotiate away all his own rights gets Libra into trouble sometimes, but it also forms the foundation for other useful and attractive traits.
3. Libra has a Devil’s Advocate side and can argue a position strongly. Some of Libra’s favorite words are “But on the other hand . . .” because to Libra, there’s always another position. This gets Libras into a lot of arguments, because when a Libran hears a strong opinion, her first and most natural reaction is to bring up the opposite view. This gives Libras the reputation for being argumentative, which isn’t exactly so. Libras want to be sure all the possibilities are examined, that’s all.
4. No sign is better at looking for the common ground between two seemingly irreconcilable positions than Libra—he really knows how to sweeten the deal. Libra is a natural mediator and can find that common ground. Libra is adept at seeing both positions in a dilemma, refusing to take sides and instead offering solutions that give both sides what they need. Libra is willing to compromise and balance “take” with “give.”
5. Libra has a strong, almost physical sense of fairness and justice. When things are unfair, Libra feels it keenly and miscarriages of justice break the Libran heart. This is so whether it is Libra himself or another person entirely who is the object of unfairness. Libra simply finds injustice deeply wrong and injurious to the human soul. This Libran trait is rooted in a deep love of symmetry, harmony and balance, which leads directly to the firm Libran belief that rules and agreements can be both loving and fair, and can bring out the best in everyone.
Birthday Gift for you:
If your birthday is approaching or recent
and you want an empowering look at the year ahead, click to
schedule a Birthday Reading and receive a free gift with it.
This is a repost of an article originally posted in the San Francisco Bay Area Women’s Journal. You can read the original here.