It’s springtime again, and to celebrate, I’ll share with you how spring babies, the Aries types among us, remain forever young. As the first sign in the zodiac, Aries (March 20-April 19) represents birth and newness. The Aries temperament is a great example of how to cultivate freshness and the ability to begin again, no matter what the circumstances. Here’s how Aries does it:
1. Be athletic. If you’re an Aries, you need to move your body–plain and simple. You may have been sporty in grade school and high school years, but in adult years it’s all too easy to channel that fiery drive into projects until you suddenly wake up to discover you actually have (gasp!) fat! For an Aries, this is unthinkable. In every Aries’ mind, he is a bead of pure energy moving through space: unstoppable, inexorable and completely devoid of baggage. When he’s not moving his body, he loses touch with his own sense of himself. To regain it, he needs to “get physical” on a regular basis (yes, sex counts as exercise!).
2. Push for what you want. Aries is nothing if not pushy. This is not a bad trait—it’s very useful, especially in a world based very much on competition. Aries in a woman’s chart represents her inner Warrior Woman. This part of a woman is reviled and like Mary Wollstonecraft (who had a strong Aries influence), the Aries female might well be called “a hyena in petticoats.” But if you’re not willing to push for what you want in this world, how will you get it? For Aries, pushing means hoping, and without hope, all is lost.
3. Live in the now. For Aries, it’s natural to forget about the past as soon as it’s over. Letting go of the past is as easy as letting your attention be grabbed by the next shiny thing. Naturally, this can come back to haunt Aries when they think they have moved on but find that the past unexpectedly rears its head. But to really be in the present, fully and completely, simply acting from your transparent truth is what Aries does best—making life immediate and vital.
4. Keep moving. Aries never gets stuck for long—which is a feat, considering that Aries comes with a built-in challenge-seeking missile. Aries perpetually seeks obstacles so that they may be overcome. No other sign is as hard-headed, driven and impatient as Aries. If there’s anything Aries can’t stand, it’s waiting for things. Those of this sign type need to keep moving much as a shark does—without motion, stagnation sets in and death soon follows.
5. Relish life’s challenges. “Battle frenzy” is what they call the altered state you get into in the midst of a fight. It is a state of high arousal where you are loaded with adrenaline and endorphins. You have a lot of energy and you feel no pain. Now I’m not saying you should consume masses of caffeine and painkillers, but I am saying that when life throws you challenges, you can enjoy the alertness that the situation draws from you. Years ago, I recall a friend describing the amazing feeling she got in her women’s self-defense class: “I almost want to meet an attacker in a dark alley,” she confessed, “If I could fight for my life and win just once, then I wouldn’t have to be eaten up by anger anymore.”
You don’t have to be an Aries to try on these attitudes. Every human being alive has at least a little Aries in them. Cultivate yours and stay young!
Birthday Gift for you:
If your birthday is approaching or recent
and you want an empowering look at the year ahead, click to
schedule a Birthday Reading and receive a free gift with it.
(Rate Change Coming)
As of May 1, my fee-structure will be changing, offering more reading time and more resources for particular, theme-focused readings. Readings focused on career, relationship, family and also the initial reading, will cost $225 and will last 100 minutes instead of 90. They will also include free audio recordings, videos or other bonuses for you to absorb before the reading. This will add tremendous value to the readings by eliminating some basic astrological explanation that I usually have to do, thus buying us more time to talk about your life, in all its glorious detail. Preparing for the reading ahead in this way will also allow new clients to jump in at the deep end by skipping an initial reading if they wish, and going straight to the theme they want to focus on in their first reading with me.
As always, returning clients will be grandfathered in at their old rate. Present clients (from 2012 and before) will receive 90-minute readings at $180, as always, for ever and anon. And the loyal clients who first saw me in 2009 or before will always receive their special rate of $150.
If you are a newsletter reader but not yet a client and you’ve been putting it off, you might want to jump in now, because the old rates are still effective through April 30. This is your chance to lock in the old rate for yourself by establishing yourself as a pre-rate-change client. You’ll be grandfathered in, for ever and anon.
You can book your “granddaddy” reading for anytime in the future at all, as long as you book it between now and April 30. And this is a good thing because as of now I’m usually booked 2 weeks to a month out all the time.
To book, contact me at Pandora@pandoraastrology.com. Mention that you want to become a granddaddy.